Date Night In
Since my gallbladder surgery, I haven’t been able to do much lately. Nothing strenuous anyway. The same television shows I have seen dozens of times, daytime soap operas I don’t care to watch, and outdated game shows I can guess the outcome of. I am about to lose my mind.
So this past Friday, Tommy & I go on a date. First date we have had, just the two of us, in I can’t remember how long. I wanted dinner and a movie, but without people. I didn’t want to be around anyone but my husband. We catch an early dinner, about 5, restaurant is empty; it’s perfect. What are the chances of going to the movies & the theatre being empty? Yeah, we could not get that lucky. Next best thing? Rentals: The movie store! We browse the shelves and pick out a handful of movies. He finds several he likes (which typically involves some western and/or war movie) and I find a few we both can enjoy. All weekend long we enjoyed the last few days of quiet and just “us” time. Rhett will be coming home in a few days and back to reality we will be. I haven’t seen very many movies being advertised lately; so we go in this endeavor blinded. To my surprise, we did quite well with our selections. :]
- Money Monster
- I thoroughly enjoyed this movie; real life possibilities here. Definitely a must see.
- Horrible acting, great concept. Movie was…. mediocre?
- This movie was hilarious. It reminded me of Napoleon Dynamite with the cheesy humor.
- Captain America: Civil War
- Super hard to follow. I kept asking Tommy questions. You have to be familiar with the comic characters. Otherwise, this was a so-so film.
- Suicide Squad
- Would not recommend watching this with kids. Humorous, yet full of action. Really enjoyed; 4 out of 5 stars for me.
Ready, Set, Action,
We Are The Marshall’s