‘Tis the season for fried green tomatoes. My boss gave me about 6-7 green tomatoes and instead of letting them ripen, I decided to bread and freeze them until I was ready to eat them. Best. Decision. Ever.
Breading consisted of equal parts bread crumbs and corn meal with a little salt and pepper. Dip in egg, dip in batter. Place on sheet pan in freezer and then place in ziplock bag when frozen.
What makes this even better? When you are ready to fry them babies up, you don’t even have to thaw them out! Place them directly in your hot oil.
I served mine on toasted sourdough bread with thinly sliced purple onions and cilantro lime mayo.
Cilantro Lime Mayo
[For two sandwiches]
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Until the next tomato fries,
We Are The Marshall’s
This fudge was so delicious and easy to make [and you guys know I’m all about cooking being easy!] This would make a super budget-friendly Christmas gift!
Chocolate White Chocolate Fudge
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (5 oz. can)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 9×9-inch baking pan with wax paper.
- Add sugar, butter, and evaporated milk to saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Boil and stir 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add white chocolate chips, cocoa powder, marshmallows and vanilla to sugar mixture. Continuously stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour fudge mixture into the prepared pan. Chill at least 2 hours or until completely set.
- Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I am a sucker for cookware, bakeware, anything kitchen related, really. About 4 years ago I purchased a Target exclusive cookware and bakeware set from Giada De Laurentiis. I fell in love! I had been so used to using cheaper cookware and didn’t really have an appreciation for them until I found Giada, and hers wasn’t even an “expensive” set – I believe I paid around $199 for a 10 piece cookware set, and then of course I bought all of the bakeware separate. I had invested about $600 with everything that I own.
Fast forward to the saddest day; Target DISCONTINUES her stuff!
It is now time for me to think about purchasing a new set. I want to get the same quality or better of what I currently have. I did my research and I have found this 14 piece Calphalon set at Bed, Bath & Beyond for only $299! I’ve used Calphalon in the past and it really has a great quality!
Happy Friday Friends!
We Are The Marshall’s