Couldn’t sleep this morning, so I decided to get up and make biscuits from scratch. Not going to lie, I have never done it! I’ve made homemade tortillas, rolls, bread, etc, but never biscuits for breakfast! I found a recipe and tweaked it a tad and it turned out perfect!
EASY BISCUITS (Makes about 6-8 biscuits)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (one stick) butter/cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425
- I sprayed my ceramic coated cast iron dutch oven with nonstick spray [you can use a regular cast iron if you have one]
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients
- I didn’t “precise” measure or level off, I just scooped and went.
- Add butter into mixture until it starts to get a cornmeal texture.
- I nuked the butter to make it a little softer [about 15 seconds]
- Make a well and add milk
- Knead until dough forms [this part was super sticky and messy]
- I added more flour as needed
- Roll out dough on floured countertop
- You can make them as thick as you want, but I made mine about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a biscuit cutter or cup to cut out biscuits and place on greased skillet and put in oven.
- Bake about 12-16 minutes [all ovens are different] – tops of biscuits need to be slightly golden brown.
- ENJOY! These are super flaky & delicious!
We paired these biscuits with homemade sausage gravy and sausage patties! Comfort food at it’s finest!
Until next time.
We Are The Marshall’s