This stuff can be topped on pretty much anything; ice cream, pancakes, cakes, waffles, toast… you name it!
- 1 lb strawberries (washed, hulled & sliced)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon
- Place sliced strawberries and sugar in small sauce pan.
- Zest lemon into pan with strawberries and sugar.
- Juice entire lemon into pan as well.
- Heat to boiling on medium high, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking and stirring for about 20 minutes.
- Pour mixture into mason jar and place in fridge until cool.
- Serve after it has cooled.