Alright all you busy moms, listen up!
Who made a New Years resolution? Who has actually stuck with it for almost the entire month of January?
It is SO hard to commit to be fit and healthy when you are a working mom. I’m guilty of being the person who doesn’t watch what I eat but then gripe because I gain weight. C’mon moms, I’m not the only one.
So, the following recipe is a super easy AND healthy. And guess what? No morning prep time! You can make this at night in about… 2 minutes. For real! Instead of stopping in the drive through to pick up your morning sausage biscuit, just grab this out of your fridge.
- Personal blender [regular sized blender will work just fine]
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk [Just eyeball it, doesn’t have to be perfect]
- 6-7 strawberries [any kind of berry will work]
- 1 tbsp non-fat Greek yogurt
- Place almond milk in personal blender
- Add banana [just break it up before you place it in there]
- Add strawberries
- Add peanut butter
- Add Greek yogurt
- Blend until smooth
• The Blender was purchased at Wal-Mart for less than $20! Totally worth the buy.
•For an even more heart healthy breakfast, add 1/4 cup quick oats [uncooked]. For best results on this, make it that morning. When left in fridge overnight, texture can be a little off putting.