Month: November 2015
I’m all about keeping it simple; I’m NOT a girly girl and with that being said this was my style for our Monday shopping:
- Hair in messy bun w/ braided hair band
- New flea market sunnies
- University T-shirt dressed up with a flowered scarf
- Under Armour jacket
- Blue jeans
Earlier this week I received the one and only Christmas present that I will be receiving from Tommy and myself. The ONE thing I really wanted. A Cricut! Who doesn’t want a Cricut?! With me being artsy, fartsy I just HAD to have this super cool machine!
[Disclosure: I’m pretty savvy when it comes to techy things, computers and whatnot.]
I looked at videos, read reviews, and consulted with friends of mine who actually have a Cricut. “It’s easy!” is what they ALL said. So, I begged Tommy [not much had to be done, by the way] and I went ahead and ordered my Christmas present.
Monday morning arrives and it shows up on my door step and I am so eager to open it, set it up and get started! Because “it’s easy”, right? WRONG! Well, I’m saying that as a one-weeker. I’m sure the more I work with it and read more on it, the easier it will become, but the tech person in me is seriously struggling with not being able to just grasp it immediately. Why do things have to be so hard?? So, as I sat and moaned for roughly 45 minutes, I finally decided to give it up for the day. This Cricut was NOT going to defeat me.. at least not yet.
Today is Friday, and I must say, I have made some progress and I am extremely proud of myself. Some of the vinyl I had ordered from eBay arrived and I decided to play my hand at it.
Home Decor Project – CHECK! DIY Cricut Christmas Present – CHECK! [Not Pictured quite yet.. After Christmas I’ll add another post. Can’t give all my Christmas secrets away]
Check out Santa Claus in Greenville on December 5! Bring your camera!
Don’t forget to donate to the Hunt County FCS and as always have yourself a Merry little Christmas! Ho Ho Ho!
One of my favorite things in this world to do is cook, but the only thing is, I genuinely believe I struggle with baking and it’s because with baking, you really can’t just throw this or throw that in the pan, you actually have to measure the ingredients or it throws the entire make up of the dessert out of balance. However, I have found the solution to all of my problems… Dump Cakes!
Check out this easy to follow [and make] recipe:
Apple Peach Dump Cake
- 2 cans [15 oz] Apple Pie filling
- 1 bag [16 oz] frozen peaches [you can use canned peaches as well]
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon [Not pictured below] [divided, however I just used 1/2 tsp measuring spoon]
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg [divided, however I just used 1/4 tsp measuring spoon]
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1/2 cup [1 stick] melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Spread both cans of apple pie filling and peaches [thawed, if you used frozen] in the bottom of the greased pan
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- Top with cake mix, spreading pretty evenly
- Pour melted butter over top covering as much of the cake batter as possible
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- Bake 1 hour or until top is slightly browned and you are able to stick a toothpick in the center of the cake and remove it clean. Cool 15 minutes
I topped it with a scoop of Vanilla Bean ice-cream and whipped cream! Delish! Change up the traditional Thanksgiving dessert menus with this EASY and SUPER TASTY dump cake! 🙂
We Are The Marshall’s
‘Tis the season for Pumpkin Spice and who doesn’t love a good exfoliant?
Check out this SUPER EASY sugar scrub exfoliant below, or you can also purchase it [for almost nothing] here at my Etsy Shop.
Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub
1 cup pure sugar
1/4 cup pure coconut oil
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract [do NOT use vanilla flavoring]
Mix ALL ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Break coconut oil up with a fork and then combine with your hands.
This particular sugar scrub is great for your feet to remove the “nasty-ness” from your heels. C’mon ladies, you know we all get it at times! Use about a quarter size or more as needed in the shower, or wash your hands at the sink with this perfect fall scented scrub!
Fall is here, the leaves are changing colors and the weather is starting to stay cool which means it’s time for some comfort food. So what do you eat on a cold, fall Sunday? Soup! Ever since we’ve started the subscription to Blue Apron, we really have neglected the grocery store and keeping our pantry “stocked” full of food. But really, there hasn’t been a point. We’ve finished our Blue Apron meals for the week and we are craving some fall comfort food. Taco Soup it is! I scrounge through the pantry cabinets to see what we can throw together. It’s all there! This recipe is literally just thrown together and “soup-er” easy to make [hence the name].